@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Time Traveller ?

When I was about seven, I lived with my grand parents, one day I was told that my mother was coming to visit the next day, I was naturally very excited at the thought of seeing my mum however somehow I got it into my head that my mum and dad were both coming to see me.

The next day my mother arrived and I was very happy to see her, my grandfather took us all out onto the front lawn and took pictures, I am there with my brothers and my mum wearing a pink dress and a white cardigan. We are all smiling for the camera.

The adults went inside and I went to my hidey hole which was beside my grand father’s shed, between the shed and the fence and broke down in tears, I was heart broken because my dad wasn’t there and I hadn’t been able to tell the adults how I felt, I was very happy to see my mum, but I just wanted to see my daddy, I had a little sob to myself.

The next thing I know I was standing half way up the hill, looking down at my grand parents house, a man pushing a bike and dressed in a brown suit walked past me, he smiled at me and said “Hello” I stood there for a moment and then I heard my mother laugh, I looked down the hill and saw my grandfather taking a picture of my mum and my dad!

There he was, the man that I had missed so much, the man whose arms I ached to be held in again, my father, my dad. My mother laughed again and they began to go back into the house, I began to walk down the hill, happy knowing that my dad was there, after all and that I would see him soon.

I heard a noise behind me, I looked around and saw a big, black shaggy dog, he didn’t look scary, but I knew that he wasn’t allowed to catch up with me, so I walked faster and so did he, I got scared and began to run. I ran back to my grandparent’s house and to the back door. I couldn’t open the door and got very scared, so banged on it to be opened for me. My grandmother opened the door and as I suppose I must have seemed hysterical slapped my face, she had never hit me before and never since then.

My uncles were sent out to look for the dog that had scared me so, it was never found and my father never appeared that day, I later realised that my parents were already divorced by this time.

Years later, my mother became very ill and was in a nursing home, she asked me to go to her house and help sort things out for her, she also told me I could have anything I wanted from the house. I came across a box of old photos and began looking through them, there was a picture of my mother and father leaning against their car, happy and smiling, I looked up the hill, in the picture and there was me! I looked further up the hill and there was the man in the brown suit, pushing his bike, exactly as I remembered.

Then I turned the picture over and stamped on the back, as was common in those days was the date that the picture had been developed, the year was two years before I was born, yet there I am, half way up the hill, wearing my pink dress and white cardigan, everything as I remember.

Since then I have had a chance to scan the picture onto my computer, enlarge it, I see lots of anomalies, lots of things that don’t quite make sense feel free to download the picture and have a good look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home