@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Monday, January 11, 2010

The First Three Weeks



Brown eyes met Blue, I was me and you were you,

Conversation came with ease, each began to know.

Poets chanted, read and told, eyes met and smiled.

They told of life, passionate, funny, strong and mild.

Understanding came through word, mind met mind

I saw you clearly, knew you were both gentle and kind.



Time flew by and it was time to go home, South was I

And you were North. We parted then with a gentle sigh

I felt stronger, warmer, braver and knew I was blessed,

To know such a man, your heart on me greatly impressed.

A step at a time my head told me, no jumps and no leaps

Friendship is here, a true friend, a blessing for keeps.



The roast beef of old England gave me courage to act

In Winter’s Wonderland I dared to break the pact

I stepped boldly across the line, first kiss and embrace

Remembered and warmed with a scarf made of lace.

Did I trespass? I still could not know, It felt so right

My first steps with you, Hyde Park, on a cold winters night.



Yet next thing my Demons and Ghosts came out to play,

Growling and snarling, we were found guilty of affray

On Christmas Eve night, disgraceful, when all should be well

I am sorry my Darling that I took you through hell

Yet through it all I could see your eyes were strong

You held my hand in yours and we both moved along.



New Year came together and your kindness still grew,

Pleasure and fun, and more. were what we knew

New beginnings for us, new courage, new heart

New decade, new world and we each played our part

Fireworks on Primrose hill, champagne, and bliss

Floating lanterns, sealed with the joy of your kiss.



Walks in country, walks in town, your knowledge shared

Moonlight and snow light , still I’m glad I bravely dared

To cross the line, because beloved you are with me there

The world will crash in and some days are full of care

But centuries pass in you arms, yet each moment too brief

We’ve loved and lost and life is bittersweet with grief.



Our future, ahead we have certain ways to know

The Tarot, the Crystal our Demons surely will show.

Perhaps once introduced they will distract from pain

And we’ll know once again that love holds no shame

A step at a time my heart says, some jumps and some leaps

Kindred spirits, sacred touch and friendship for keeps?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home