@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dragon Watch



Whilst away at the wars ‘twas often my duty
To sit through the night, My Lord’s Dragons to attend
I watched them enthralled at their grace and their beauty
Their strength and their warmth never failing to lend

Dragons green scales rippling by the torchlight
Dragons golden scales flashing light through black.
Yet these gentle beasts never shrink from the fight
When the drummer boy drums, no courage they lack.

The bravery I’ve seen, the tales I could tell
Of ferocious great bests swooping from the sky
With great black talons and fires from hell.
This is not my tale and I’ll tell you why

Because as I watched dragons by night
I came to know each one as my own
Each one a glorious vision to my sight
Iridescent colour, loveliness rarely shown

My Lord’s secret treasure, great dragons as these
Now I have left them, beloved great beasts
Now my battles are done, I have my heart’s ease
But no more will I join my Lord’s victory feasts

Yet last night in the mist rolling in from the sea
I felt dragon’s breath, hot on my cheek
I know my old comrades are searching for me
For they love me still, my company they seek

So tonight, away to the hills I must roam
And build a big fire, hot and bright
To show passing dragons I’m safe and at home
My rainbow companions of a cold winter night.

Their message to take to my Lord’s sleek pets
So as they too pass by this way.
We may share our memories yet
Soon they will come, as night follows day.

Dragons soon will come to this place
No harm to him such knowledge seeks
Only hot dragon’s breath on your face
Turn away then if such makes you weak.

Like me from duty they’ll be standing down
Danger to none from our meetings ensue
From our great Lord we’d not risk a frown.
I just cannot be parted from friends old and true.

As dragons fly by in the mist of the night
With shimmering scales and fires from hell
Take no fear, no need for fright
‘Tis just my old beauties their stories to tell

To pet and be petted as in the old days
Don’t worry; don’t fret for all is well
It’s just that I follow mythical ways
And my lord is holding The Dragon Spell.
Sharon Damnable
October 1997
Copyleft

11 Comments:

Blogger Swahilya Shambhavi said...

Nice poem. Hi!

Monday, 03 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An "old comrade"

xx

Monday, 03 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks swahilya :>)

..and welcome to MaMa D's

Hello Old Comrade, your shimmering scales look very fetching in this light ;>)

xx

Shazz

Monday, 03 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooohhh, flattery will get you everywhere. What's your fantasy?

Old Comrade
xx

Wednesday, 05 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....yep it usually does ;>)

My Fantasy?

If I told you that I'd have ta kill ya !

Sharon

Wednesday, 05 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, gorgeous as you are, I think I'll pass on that deal. Could you lower your demands???

xxx

Thursday, 06 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...

Not falling for my own lines pal!

I am not making demands! You wanna know and I am telling you the consequences if I answer your question!

X~S~X

Friday, 07 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger, thought that might work. OK, let's try the logical approach. By definition,you will never realise your fantasy, which is sad!!

xx

Saturday, 08 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha imposter!

If you knew me at all you would know that I always fulfill my fantasies -

Logic definition?

Your logic ! your definition!

You are the sad person wanting to know my fatasies - get yer own!

Sheesh!

Anony mouse !

X~S~X

Saturday, 08 March, 2008  
Blogger Oberon said...

......very nice....dragon photo too.

Sunday, 09 March, 2008  
Anonymous Sharon Damnable said...

Thanks Oberon

Lovely to have you visit ~ and glad to see your work on Whirled Peas

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home