@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

~ London Calling! ~

London calling to the faraway towns
Now war is declared - and battle come down
London calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls
~
London calling, now don't look to us
Phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
London calling, see we ain't got no swing
'Cept for the reign of that truncheon thing
~
The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in
Meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin
Engines stop running, but I have no fear
Cause London is burning - I live by the river
~
London calling to the imitation zone
Forget it, brother, you can go at it alone
London calling to the zombies of death
Quit holding out - and draw another breath
~
London calling - and I don't wanna shout
But while we were talking I saw you running out
London calling, see we ain't got no high
Except for that one with the yellowy eyes
~
The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in
Engines stop running, the wheat is growing thin
A nuclear error, but I have no fear
Cause London is drowning - I, I live by the river
~
Now get this
London calling, yes, I was there, too
An' you know what they said?
Well, some of it was true!
~
London calling at the top of the dial
And after all this, won't you give me a smile?
~ London Calling ~
I never felt so much alike, like-a, like-a...

By Strummer and Jones, The Clash

1 Comments:

Blogger Mother Damnable said...

~ HAPPY HALLOWEEN! ~

One And All!

:>)

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home