@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Angel of Anarchy

By Eileen Agar.

The blindfolded Angel of Anarchy is loosely based on an earlier painted plaster head.
Agar stated that with this new work she wanted to create something ‘totally different,
more astonishing, powerful ... more malign’. It suggests the foreboding and uncertainty
that she felt about the future in the late 1930s.

Believing that women are the true Surrealists, Agar wrote:

‘the importance of the unconscious in all forms of Literature and Art establishes the dominance of a feminine type of imagination over the classical and more masculine order.’

http://www.tate.org.uk/servlet/ViewWork?workid=460

9 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

hello you :-)

*hug*

how's things?

Tuesday, 17 October, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Hello you :>)

*hugs back*

Lovely, lovely to see you again :>)

Things are very busy, but never too busy to catch some peace with you sweetheat :>)

Tuesday, 17 October, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

sweet heat?

Ah well! Be winter soon enough ;>)

Typo angels!

~ Sweatheart ~

Tuesday, 17 October, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

OK bloody angels!

You know what I mean don't ya Gill?

Tuesday, 17 October, 2006  
Blogger Zoe said...

Hi Sharon. I have just done several posts about femininity triumphing over the masculine dominance.
It's very interesting isn't it.

Zoe xx

Tuesday, 17 October, 2006  
Blogger Zoe said...

oh I forgot!

I sent you the Great Wall Of China (from all angles) I walked on it and saw it from above and also stood beside it.

I may need more practice, I seem to be a better receiver at present.

Zoe xx

Thursday, 19 October, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

D'ya know Zoe, I was getting red stone, so kept switchin' to Ayres rock :>)

'twas me all the time!

Have you seen Pricilla Queen of the Desert?

(Film!)

Thursday, 19 October, 2006  
Blogger Zoe said...

You have got to be kidding!

Pricilla Queen Of The Desert is one of my all time favorite films!

Hmmm...Red stone is enough to convince me that you were on target!

Great work sweetheart!

Zoe xx

Saturday, 21 October, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Aww Zoe, thanks, but I shoulda got that it's so big!

Consious mind over rides, I must be too straight lately ;>)

I love the film too, brilliant performances, and it reminds me of a precious friend, I loved and lost.

We're doing some more RV this week so I may be able to work better next week.

Wanna try?

Saturday, 21 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home