Chalk For Peace
http://www.infinitepossibility.org/chalk and in various locations around the world notably @ The Museum of Modern ARF www.Modernarf.smugmug.com It is hoped that at least one million people will participate in this global outpouring of the heart.I
ndividuals are encouraged to act alone or to organise groups in their local community
to chalk on the pavements/sidewalks and contribute to this global tapestry up to the weekend
of September 16/17 and beyond.“Chalk4Peace represents a new direction in activism. It requires no organisation other that the communication of the idea – it is self organising, using the streets as a form of media that is fully accessible to the general public and moved by the enthusiasm of those who are touched by the concept – Chalk is readily available every where!
– It harmless, temporary, yet offers a unique way to contribute to the global conversation that shapes our culture”.
ON THE WEEKEND OF SEPTEMBER 16 & 17th Chalk4Peace! On the pavements and
sidewalks of our towns and cities You are invited to Take Action!
To Participate in this GLOBAL outpouring of public art. Where we make our personal statements for peace on the pavements and sidewalks of our cities all over our world. Chalk4Peace is happening! All around the globe, together we are decorating, dedicating and declaring, in deep sincerity our collective call for peace. Chalk4Peace is about our
We The People, our global culture, all people everywhere and our common desire to live in peace. The Chalk4Peace project has already transformed the experience of thousands of
people attending demonstrations for peace all over the world during the past 3 years.
Chalk4Peace is both a tool and a conduit for non violent public self expression, and participation in the growing global movement for peace. Chalk4Peace is an opportunity for all ages, especially the young, whose future is in dire jeopardy as our global village falls faster and faster into the fear breeding fear breeding fear spiral.
Our global culture teetering on the edge of extinction. No 1 person alone can turn this around, but together WE CAN! "The Structure of world peace cannot be the work of one man, one party, or one nation. It must be a peace which rests on the cooperative effort of the whole world" ... Eleanor Roosevelt
Our basic human instincts drive us to seek safety. That is what this chaos is all about. Our essential human survival instincts are acting out of context with the wider global cultural need. Everywhere the media is bombarding us with WAR TALK, distractions and negative belief patterns that encourage us to believe that thefuture of our world is out of our hands entirely.
One place we still have communal access to, is our streets. We can balance our conversation
with collective self-expression using OUR STREETS AS OUR MEDIA! Chalk4Peace is one step, a catalyst that can transform our global conversation as we the people, en masse make our statement that is our common aspiration for peace. START NOW!
Just DO IT!
Carry some chalk with you, invite a friend with you, to chalk inspirations on the pavement whenever and wherever you fancy. Chalk is harmless, cheap and washes away within a few days. Especially participate in the Sept 16 – 17th Global Chalk4Peace Action! Make it happen in your Community! Lets us turn our grey streets into a living river of colour and possibility - With poetry, hearts, peace symbols, empowering statements, also expressions of our frustrations and despair. All will be seen for several days by thousands of people, then as they are washed away by the elements we can continue to find fresh places to Chalk4Peace.
We don't need to be an artist to Chalk4Peace. Every statement, however small or large becomes part of the amazing tapestry that is our global future.This unique event conceivably, could be the largest of its kind inmodern history. It is a global effort that is happening.
We The People are spreading the word and making the effort to be a part ofthis huge creative endeavour to bring Peace back into the equation.It is our goal for at least one million or more of us to participate with thissidewalk/pavement chalk extravaganza, at thousands of locations, in as many countries, cities and towns around the world as is possible. So what can you do to help make this happen?
1. Network this email to your friends, contacts and where ever else seems appropriate
2. Join the Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chalk4Peaceor send a blank email to: mailto:%20Chalk4Peacefirstname.lastname@example.orgTo network with others around the world who will be Chalking4Peace.
3. Email: mailt:email@example.com let us know what you are doing in your community, and please send us pictures. Or to find out how you can participate in the project.
4. Arrange with you local businesses, libraries, churches, mosques, synagogues, restaurants, supermarkets etc to chalk on the pavement outside their premises on the 16th/ 17th of September and whenever else. Identify public squares such as Trafalgar Square in London and invite all your friends and your friends' friends to show up with a few boxes of chalk, or even get some from your local quarry. Take extra chalk with you to hand out to passers-by.
5. Use this Email as a press release for you local TV, Radio and Newspapers. Let them know that Chalk4Peace is happening ASAP to get the momentum going.
6. Document YOUR Chalk4peace actions with photos and video. Send them to your local media - copies for our website will be greatly appreciated - send to: mailt:firstname.lastname@example.org. Engage co-creatively in local communal efforts, strengthen working relationships and find what it takes to stand for peace and freedom.
8. Have lots of FUN and keep on Chalking4Peace after the September event
A List of confirmed and suggested locations can be found here
How did Chalk4Peace begin?"Message in a bottle" http://www.infinitepossibility.org/chalk/message/
for Chalk4Peace locations in America http://www.chalk4peace.org/Its time for us to move beyond the “No to War” position and come together "Saying Yes2Peace" http://www.infinitepossibility.org/yes1Lets skip the war bit and just get to the peace…Greet someone new today, look into their eyes, smile, say hello, shake their hand ...
LET THE PEACE BEGIN!
"There is nothing wrong with our world, we are just having a weird conversation".
"Reclaim the conversation"
"Our New World Order IS Love!"
Dedicated to the child inside each one of us, all the children and all the children to come.