@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Monday, July 24, 2006

I Took His Hand and Followed

My dishes went unwashed today,

I didn't make the bed,

I took his hand and followed

Where his eager footsteps led.



Oh yes, we went adventuring,

My little son and I...

Exploring all the great outdoors

Beneath the summer sky



We waded in a crystal stream,

We wandered through a wood...

My kitchen wasn't swept today

But life was gay and good.



We found a cool, sun-dappled glade

And now my small son knows

How Mother Bunny hides her nest,

Where jack-in-the-pulpit grows.



We watched a robin feed her young,

We climbed a sunlit hill...

Saw cloud-sheep scamper through the sky,

We plucked a daffodil.



That my house was neglected,

That I didn't brush the stairs,

In twenty years, no one on earth

Will know, or even care.



But that I've helped my little boy

To noble manhood grow,

In twenty years, the whole wide world

May look and see and know.



Author Unkown

6 Comments:

Anonymous Autumn said...

That is a sweet poem, and very true. It seems like it was just yesterday that my kids were young, 20 years does pass in a hurry. I am glad I took the time to be with them. The kids grew, and the dirt is still here...gee it makes me wonder what was more important huh *smile*
thanks for the reminder that I did something right

Tuesday, 25 July, 2006  
Blogger Granny said...

I think I'll borrow that for granny. It could apply to us all.

Hugs to you from across the pond.

Tuesday, 25 July, 2006  
Blogger dawniy said...

awww that's beautiful :)

Tuesday, 25 July, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Merry Meet Auntumn,

Thank you for your comment, 20 years flies by!

I am sure Autumn that you have done everything right ;>)

Love your blog!

Big hugs right back Granny Ann, cool breezes and if it thunders here maybe a little rumble ;>)

Thanks for linking this poem and I'm happy so many of your readers appreciated it :>)

stef and dawniy, lovely to see you as always, thanks for linking to the peoples covenant, and me!!!!

Thursday, 27 July, 2006  
Blogger apprentice said...

You could always do a new version with product placement ;)

Friday, 28 July, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Hi Apprentice

Thanks for visiting, it's good to meet a fellow gardener :>)

Saturday, 29 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home