@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Friday, February 10, 2006

No Man Is An Island

I can’t live my life in my accustomed way without other people to help do the things that I don’t know how to do. Without the help of other people I’d have to know how to build a house, how to make furniture, how to generate electricity, how to have effective transportation that I could build myself. Without other people I would be so busy that I wouldn’t have time to play music, or teach. Civilization has come a long way since we decided to work together.

What is a Friend?

“It is said that a friend is someone who knows ALL about you and still likes you. Every friend we have is an object to love, and makes us happier. We find it hard to be happy without friends. Having friends and being accepted and loved in a social group is one of the most important things for happiness.

“In every friendship, each must furnish something the other needs. Your friends must furnish something YOU need. It isn’t a friendship unless both benefit from it. Friends are different from acquaintances. Friends are worth money to you; they are valuable. If they are in need, you are faced with the question of just how much their friendship is worth. Are they worth ten dollars? Or is the money worth more than your friends to you?”
~ Father Eli

Why is Friendliness important Magically?

The relaxed emotions such as love, sympathy, friendliness, etc. help us keep the power we have for magical practice. The tense emotions such as anger, worry, fear, etc. use up one’s life force at an alarming rate. Therefore the Wise Man will attempt to control his emotions, and always try to be friendly and loving.

We need each other if for no other reason that to learn some valuable lessons in patience, and compassion… in other words… we need friends in order to learn to love, because the lesson of life is Love. The more love you can hold in your heart, the more powerful you are magically, because we work with the power of Love.

If the great Natural Law of Cause and Effect says that whatever we send out comes back to us, then I want everything I work for magically to be infused with the power of Love. I want everything in my life to be charged with this magical loving Source energy, including my friends!

How to make friends and how to be a friend is the lesson of this influence.

How valuable are your friends? Would you go out of your way for them? Would you help them when they have need?

Will you gladly help them when the opportunity arises during this influence?

By Misty Eve

2 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Send not to ask for whom the bell tolls.

Yes, I try to do that as much as I can. Good post and thanks for the Sacred Run too.

Friday, 10 February, 2006  
Blogger Kristi said...

Wonderful reminder

Saturday, 11 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home