@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

We Return Thanks

We return thanks to our mother, the earth, which sustains us.
We return thanks to the rivers and streams, which supply us with water.
We return thanks to all herbs, which furnish medicines for the cure of our diseases.
We return thanks to the moon and stars, which have given to us their
Light when the sun was gone.
We return thanks to the sun, that has looked upon the earth with a beneficent eye.
Lastly, we return thanks to the Great Spirit, in
Whom is embodied all goodness, and
Who directs all things for the good of
Her children.
~Iroquois Prayer~

5 Comments:

Blogger Mother Damnable said...

I have a new e mail addy I can be reached at:

motherdamnable@hotmail.co.uk

Wednesday, 18 January, 2006  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Beautiful!

Wednesday, 18 January, 2006  
Blogger DA said...

thanks

Wednesday, 18 January, 2006  
Blogger Tara said...

Hey there, finally I got around to checking out your blog.

I seem to get slower and slower at checking out the blogs of people I don't know who leave me comments lol.

I love this post though, it's wonderful!

Wednesday, 18 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Hiya!

Lorraine, your blog is beautiful.

Dimitri Thank You :>)

Dawn, I'm just as bad! Don't know if I'm coming or going half the time :>)

Glad you enjoyed the post.

Wednesday, 18 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home