@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Snowdrop

A fresh new snowdrop greeted me
Amongst the leaves beneath the tree
That delicate and tiny flower
Braves frost and raid and snowy shower
To tell us Spring is nigh
My garden soon will bloom again
In summer sunshine, gentle rain
With pansies, roses, hollyhocks
But none can bring such joy to me
As that tiny snowdrop ‘neath the tree.
by Nessie Gell

7 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Beautiful :)

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  
Blogger JahTeh said...

Snowdrops are precious to me. The ones my son planted have come up every year and are part of him.

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  
Blogger Granny said...

Lorraine said all that needed to be said except hi there.

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

(((Jahteh))) The first Snowdrops have been spotted here :>)

Thank you Lorraine, I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Hi there Granny, lovely to see you again, bug hugs!

(That's a typo but it made me smile so I thought I'd leave it ;>)

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Hi there beautiful...how's that? :)

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  
Blogger DA said...

That was comforting

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Chuckle Lorraine! look at you :>)

Hi there beautiful!

Dimitri there's something so soothing about Snowdrops, maybe it's their purity or maybe because we know spring is on the way after all :>)

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home