@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Prayer For The New Year

Grant me the strength from day to day
To bear what burdens come my way.
Grant me throughout this bright New Year
More to endure and less to fear.
Help me live that I may be
From spite and petty malice free.
Let me not bitterly complain
When cherished hopes of mine prove vain.
Or spoil with deeds of hate and rage
Some fair tomorrow's spotless page.
Lord/Lady, as the days shall come and go
In courage let me stronger grow.
Lord/Lady, as the New Year dawns today
Help me to put my faults away.
Let me be big in little things;
Grant me the joy which friendship brings.
Keep me from selfishness and spite;
Let me be wise in what is right.
A happy New Year!
Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye.
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here
And made of it a happy year.

By Edgar Guest
source: Beliefnet

5 Comments:

Blogger Davo said...

Amen
(or "so be it", whichever one prefers)

Sunday, 01 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

So Mote it be ;>)

Sunday, 01 January, 2006  
Blogger Tololy said...

Wishing you a year full of joy and blessings, Mother Damnable. May 2006 bring you and your loved ones peace of mind and tranquility. I loved the poem :)

Monday, 02 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Thank you Tololy, I'm so glad you stopped by. I've been dancing a little with my coin belt, it jangles so nicely.

Joy and blessings, peace and tranquility, what a lovely wish, I wish the same to you and your loved ones in 2006 and beyond.

Blessed Be Tololy

Monday, 02 January, 2006  
Blogger Granny said...

I loved it too. We still have hope.

Monday, 02 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home