@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Court Of The Crimson King

The dance of the puppets
The rusted chains of prison moons
Are shattered by the sun.
I walk a road, horizons change
The tournament’s begun.
The purple piper plays his tune,
The choir softly sing;
Three lullabies in an ancient tongue,
For the court of the crimson king.
The keeper of the city keys
Put shutters on the dreams.
I wait outside the pilgrim’s door
With insufficient schemes.
The black queen chants
The funeral march,
The cracked brass bells will ring;
To summon back the fire witch
To the court of the crimson king.
The gardener plants an evergreen
Whilst trampling on a flower.
I chase the wind of a prism ship
To taste the sweet and sour.
The pattern juggler lifts his hand;
The orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel
In the court of the crimson king.
On soft gray mornings widows cry
The wise men share a joke;
I run to grasp divining signs
To satisfy the hoax.
The yellow jester does not play
But gentle pulls the strings
And smiles as the puppets dance
In the court of the crimson king.
By King Crimson

6 Comments:

Blogger Davo said...

Heyyy, I have this LP. One of my favourites.

Tuesday, 17 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

giggle I have it ripped and my 'puter is playing it now :>)


http://motherdamnable.blogspot.com/2005/11/flame-wars.html

Tuesday, 17 January, 2006  
Blogger Davo said...

The track "20th Century schitzoid man" still seems current, somehow. (grins). They have a power and diversity in their music that seems sadly lacking today. I also like "Moonchild".

Tuesday, 17 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

I like Moonchild too, which is another reason I smile a lot :>)

Tuesday, 17 January, 2006  
Blogger Cocaine Jesus said...

still love this album. especially 'epitaph'. and 'schzoid man'
fripp, the guitarist and now married to toyah, also features on bowies 'heroes', blondies 'fade away and radiate' and produced martha and the muffins 'echo beach'

more useless info anyone?

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Hiya CJ, I'm sure this information will come in useful, some day, some how ;>)

Thursday, 19 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home