@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Thursday, December 01, 2005

World Aids Day

Today is World Aids Day and again I am devastated by the memory of the loss of a best beloved friend.

DeeDee you are sadly missed, I try and remember your example, your spirit, your joy of life but it’s hard when you’re not here, life was always fun with you.

Sometimes you feel so close to me, and I know you are still taking care of the children I can almost hear you “Big up yerself Rude boy!” “It’s all good” as you help children cross the veil.

I thought of you when the Tsunami struck and I knew you'd be there and working hard.

Bless your life Dee, thanks for being a true friend to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I'm so sorry. When I lived in San Francisco, it seemed like I attended one memorial service after another. All these wonderful young people.

I have a poster above my computer - I should send you a picture. It was the first (1995) "Until There's A Cure Day" at Candlestick Park in S. F. San Francisco Giants sponsor it every year.

It was a wonderful day, even if sad, and a lot of money was donated from ticket sales.

Thursday, 01 December, 2005  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

..All these wonderful young people

Friday, 02 December, 2005  
Blogger JahTeh said...

I began studying the pathology of AIDS which led me to Gay history and I was so appalled at the deaths of a whole generation that it let me to the Gay Rights movement which I now support. I was led one step at a time.

Saturday, 03 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home