@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Tales Told ~ Without Regret

As this is the last day of the year I want to tie up a few loose ends blogwise. Several tales I know that deserve to be heard.

The first concerns Mother Mary Ann Damnable Conklin, who led a fascinating life, to be the wife of a Whaleboat captain in those days must have been the most exciting thing anyone on earth could do. Cursing in 6 languages takes a certain dedication!

Mary Ann Conklin Damnable’s body, when her grave was moved was found to have turned to stone, this is for remembrance, Mother Damnable wanted to remember and turned her body to stone to assist her in remembering.

I can, it seems see the print of Mother Virago Damnable as there is bound to be a copy of The Art of Frenzy in the British Library.

The next tale concerns Mother Damnable at the Worlds End, when she died there is a story that a finely dressed, handsome gentleman enquired after her where abouts, entered her house and never left. I love this story as it means that her Lord came for Mother when it was time. A promise remembered and kept.

I think the two shillings I got in my change were sent from Mothers Damnable and Redcap predicting my date of birth, they were both wrong but not by far.

I seem to have acquired a tribal name either Wild Strawberry or Strawberry Basket, depending on your view, I love both.

5 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

I think Wild Strawberry suits better but what do I know? Besides, it's your name.

Saturday, 31 December, 2005  
Blogger George Breed said...

You come from fine lineage. A re-embodying of strong spirit.

Sunday, 01 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Well Wild Strawberry is shall be then!

I think the basket is for grumpy people, like the Damnable, I dare say a people get some satifaction from naming me that damnable woman!

I love to dance with the Ghost Dancers and its lovely to have a name with them :>)

Sunday, 01 January, 2006  
Blogger Davo said...

I'll vote for wild strawberries.

Sunday, 01 January, 2006  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Thanks Davo!

Have changed the header Mother Damnable is now ..a rose of Sharon, a wild strawberry of the valleys...

Apologies to Solomon

Sunday, 01 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home