@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}
Google

Friday, December 09, 2005

No I Wasn't Dreaming

But this is the only news coverage I could find:

A "four foot tidal wave of water" turned roads into rivers in part of Tooting after a water main burst last Wednesday night.
The flood severely damaged shops and properties in Amen Corner and Mitcham Road and disrupted water supplies to surrounding streets.
A spokesman for Wandsworth Police said a four foot deep wave of water had struck the area after a pipe measuring four feet in diameter burst at 10pm.
Water poured into the basements and ground floor areas of about 50 businesses, destroying stock, equipment and furnishings.
Many companies had to close the following day to mop-up and dry out their buildings, some pumping hundreds of gallons of water out of their cellars and rooms.
Dain Bedford, 26, who lives above a shop in Mitcham Road, said: "I was just walking past at the top of my stairs when I saw a ripple of water go by my glass door.
"I looked outside my window and there was practically a river running down the street.
"Some people were going home and were wading through the waters........

More at:

http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/news/localnews/

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Hi Mother Damnable, thanks for the visit to poetry galore, glad you enjoyed some of the poetry, there's mountains more to come so call again.

Saturday, 10 December, 2005  
Blogger Mother Damnable said...

Thank you Peter,

I certainly will call again :>)

Sunday, 11 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home